How to prepare and maximize your results
- Apply moisturizing cream on the area to be treated every day, twice a day, for the 7 days leading up to each appointment. Electrolysis is most effective when the hair follicles are well hydrated!
- Drink plenty of water every day, not just before you come to the office.
- Avoid caffeine on the day of your appointment. Caffeine can stimulate nerve endings, making you more sensitive to treatment. One cup of coffee/tea in the morning is fine. If you usually drink this all day, switch to decaf after your first cup.
- Arrive at the office early to allow yourself ample time to relax. If you are very sensitive, clients have said that ibuprofen prior to treatment may decrease your sensitivity.
- At the beginning of your appointment, the skin will be cleansed with an antibacterial lotion.
Soothe and protect
- Clean area 2X/day for the next 48 hrs. with alcohol, witch hazel or Sea Breeze.
- Apply Aloe Vera 3X/day for 48-72 hrs.
- Avoid any other products on the treated area for 48 hrs.
- There may be a slight redness and/or inflammation. This will vary from person to person and is temporary. White heads or scabs may appear. This is normal for some people. DO NOT PICK!
- Avoid sunbathing for 72 hrs. and use sunscreen whenever you are in the sun, especially if you have sensitive skin.